10/16/2008

TEAMWORKING

The dictionary defines the teamwork as people working together for a selfless purpose. So I think that to be able to work close with other people is a very important characteristic of personality.


I have always thought that I was able to work with anyone. Since I was a child, I have been into a scout group, and one of the best things that they taught me was the capacity of working as a team. And I have realized a lot of little projects with a lot of different people, so I thought that I was a good team worker.


Until one year ago.


In October of last year, I changed my work and my new boss introduced me the person which was going to be my mate in the following years, Olga. At the begging I thought she seemed a nice girl, and probably outside work she is a lovely person, but now I know that I can’t stand working with her.


She is a very unproductive, messy, lazy person. After some initial problems I get from the boss that we worked in different offices, and in the new office I'm very happy with my mates, so all is fine again. But now I have to do a project with Olga. I can't be bothered to do the work with her, but I will try it and I hope this time all works fine…

1 comment:

Nuria Vidal said...

I wish you good luck! It is true that "all's well" when we get along with the members of our team, but really difficult when we don't!

Notice the following:
"realize" is a "false friend". Look up a dictionary and find out the real meaning. I think in this sentence you need one of the two verbs I suggest:
- I have CARRIED OUT/DONE MANY (countable) little projects
-my new boss introduced me TO the person WHO was...